Welcome to Balwyn Eye Centre. We look forward to meeting you at your first appointment. To book in to see Dr Kam for your eye or eyelid condition, please feel free to call us on (03) 8586 1288.
Getting to Balwyn Eye Centre:
The clinic is located at 55 Whitehorse Road, Deepdene, Victoria. Click here for directions.
Please check in with reception staff on the ground floor when you first arrive.
- Public transport: The 109 Whitehorse Road tram stops right outside the building at Stop 43. The 72 Burke Road tram also stops nearby.
- Car Parking: It is best to have someone else drive you to your appointment as you may need to have dilating drops put in your eyes for your eyes to be examined in full. For the relatives/carers, free all day undercover parking is available. Please enter through the back entrance and follow the Balwyn Medical Hub signs to find the basement car park. Take the lift to the ground floor to check in at the main reception.
What to bring to your appointment:
- Please bring your Medicare card
- Your glasses (if any)
- A list of current medications and allergies is helpful.
- A completed new patient registration form and your referral letter.
As many of our patients are older in age, in addition to our strict hygiene routine, we request that you wear a mask to your appointment if you have access to one and help us by using the hand santiser. We will provide you with your own disposable surgical mask on arrival if you do not have one. We measure everyone’s temperature on arrival. If you are not feeling well before your appointment, or have been in contact with someone suspected/known to have COVID-19 please call up and let us know so that we can change your appointment to a safer time. Your kind co-operation during this time is paramount to us being able to deliver ongoing care to our patients.
If you require an Interpreter, please let us know in advance, so we can try our best to arrange one for you ahead of time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please review our FAQ page here to find the answers to our most frequently asked questions.