Welcome to Balwyn Eye Centre. We look forward to meeting you at your first appointment. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us.
As many of our patients are older in age, in addition to our strict hygiene routine, we request that you wear a mask to your appointment if you have access to one and help us by using the hand santiser. We will provide you with your own disposable surgical mask on arrival if you do not have one. We measure everyone’s temperature on arrival. If you are not feeling well before your appointment, or have been in contact with someone suspected/known to have COVID-19 please call up and let us know so that we can change your appointment to a safer time. Your kind co-operation during this time is paramount to us being able to deliver ongoing care to our patients.
What to bring to your appointment:
- Please bring your Medicare card
- Your glasses (if any)
- A list of current medications and allergies is helpful.
- A completed new patient registration form which can be downloaded here and your referral letter if you have not uploaded them to your patient portal.
Getting to Balwyn Eye Centre:
The clinic is located at 55 Whitehorse Road, Deepdene, Victoria. Click here for directions.
- Via Public transport: 109 tram stops right outside the building at Stop 43.
- Via Car: There is a free all day undercover parking available. Please enter through the back entrance and follow the Balwyn Medical Hub signs to find the basement car park. Take the lift to the ground floor to check in at the main reception. Please note that it is best to have someone else drive you to your appointment as you may need to have dilating drops put in your eyes for your eyes to be examined in full.
Please check in with staff on the ground floor when you first arrive (currently they may be working from home some days), and then make your way to Level 1 of Balwyn Medical Hub, and please sit in the private waiting room on the right hand side.
If you require an Interpreter, please let us know in advance, so we can try our best to arrange one for you ahead of time.
Access to your Clinic to Cloud patient portal:
When you book your first appointment, our receptionist may ask you for an email address. This allows us to create a ‘patient portal’ for you. Through the secure patient portal we asked that you upload your referral letter and your new patient registration form, which will be available through the portal. This is safer than emailing the forms because it gets directly uploaded into your file, rather than sitting in an inbox.
Through the patient portal you will also have access to your upcoming appointment dates and past appointment outcome letters for your records. You can also make urgent tele-health appointments online should you need to talk to Dr Kam personally.